Operating near other aircraft CAR 163
An aircraft must not be flown so close to another aircraft as to create a collision
An aircraft must not be operated on the ground in such a manner as to create hazard
to itself or to another aircraft.
Formation flying CAR 163AA
Aircraft must not be flown in formation unless:
- each of the pilots in command is authorised to fly in formation
- the formation is pre-arranged between the pilots in command and
- the formation flight is conducted either:
- under VFR by day or
- under an approval given by CASA.
- two or more aircraft are flown in formation if they are flown in close proximity to each other and they operate as a single aircraft with regard to navigation, position reporting and control.