Documents to be carried
Documents to be carried CAR 139, CAR 233
An Australian aircraft shall, when flying in Australian airspace, carry:
- unless CASA otherwise approves, its maintenance release and any other document approved for use as an alternative to the maintenance release
- unless CASA otherwise approves, the licences and medical certificates of the operating crew
- the flight manual (if any) for the aircraft, alternatively AOC holders may carry the operations manual (see CAR 139(3) (a))
- latest editions of aeronautical, information and instructions applicable for the route or any alternative route that may be flown that is published in the AIP, or a data service provider, or by an organisation approved by CASA and which are readily accessible to the flight crew
- bills of lading and manifests with respect to any cargo.
Electronic documents from an approved source cover this requirement.