VFR in Class E airspace
AIP ENR 1.1
Class E airspace services
In Class E airspace, the following traffic services are provided by ATC:
- IFR flights provided with an ATC service are separated from other IFR flights
- IFR flights receive information about VFR flights as far as practicable
- VFR flights receive SIS where available on request
- Hazard alerts will be directed to pilots of known VFR flights.
Traffic information services provided by ATC do not relieve pilots of their responsibilities for continued vigilance to see and avoid other aircraft.
VFR flights in Class E airspace
VFR flights entering Class E airspace do not require a clearance. VFR flights entering and operating in Class E airspace should:
- avoid published IFR routes, where possible
- monitor the appropriate Class E frequency and announce if in potential conflict
- take appropriate action to avoid potential conflict
- avoid IFR holding patterns.